Year in, year out Bowhead transports about 7,000 tons of cargo to the Arctic, around the Arctic and back to the lower 48. We provide a full complement of marine transportation solutions including Common Carriage, Contract and Charter services.
Door-to-Shore Service to the Arctic for More than 30 Years
Bowhead Transport Company has operated vessels in the Arctic since 1982. Since then we’ve become a leader in the marine industries and the logistical hub of a rapidly expanding arctic. We are the only marine common carrier with annual barge and remote site service from Seattle, WA to the North Slope of Alaska. Our fleet of vessels is so diverse it serves the combined needs of the federal government, the petroleum industry and the small, coastal communities of rural Alaska.
- Marine cargo transportation
- Barge and lighterage services
- Vessel leasing and operations
- Logistics and marine support
- Oilfield services
- Remote site freight and crew transport
- Rig moves
- Hazardous materials and waste shipping
- Scrap metals hauling
- Seattle terminalling services
- Container leasing
- Construction project mobilization, demobilization and freight services